Glorious Success Of Red Devils Is Now Turmoil
“Football” holds joy, glory, grief, and disappointment.
Each football fan may relate to these. Well, everyone is going to think I'll
talk about Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Portugal, etc. I am not talking about
national teams. I will be discussing about a club. Some may claim I'll discuss
about Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, P.S.G, etc.
But no... it's all about Manchester United. Because, I support this club. Also,
I love Manchester United.
Manchester United Football Club is one of the oldest clubs in the world of football. For this, owners sold this club to a different businessman. Manchester United Football Club has a previous name. ''Newton Heath LYR Football Club'' was founded in 1878. In 1902, the club changed its name to Manchester United Football Club, which it still maintains. Post-name change, the club had no iconic name or crest. The club was known by its crest and the nickname, the Red Devils, from the 1960s to 1971.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.
However, the most shocking
news I read on Wikipedia was that this club sold their share for one euro in
1892. In May 2005, Malcolm Glazer purchased 26% stack of the club and has been
running it since then. Recently, however, I heard a rumor on the official
website of Manchester United that the club is selling to 'Hamad bin Jassim bin
Jaber Al Thani', a Qatari sheikh. Manchester United owns a wonderful stadium
named Old Trafford with a capacity of 74,310, which is the largest club
football stadium in the world. This club has seen some great players and
coaches over the years.
When I was 11, I watched highlights of great football
matches but didn't know about this team. I called them the "red team"
without knowing their name. I was chosen to play goalkeeper for my school team
at 15 years. Unfortunately, a bad leg injury forced me to abandon football. I
want to be the goalkeeper, as I saw in my favourite club's highlights. I
started watching my favourite club's matches to learn more about football since
I won't play professionally. I now support Manchester United.
Source: https://www.instagram.com/manchesterunited/
The Rise to Glory:
From Sir Matt Busby's
"Busby Babes" to Sir
Alex Ferguson's renowned reign, the club had unmatched success.
Famous players, titles, and trophies adorned Old Trafford. Sir Alex Ferguson's
most notable achievement was winning 13 Premier League titles with
consistency (1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96,1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03,2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09,2010–11, 2012–13). Many players, including Nemanja Vidic, Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Rooney, David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo, Peter Schmeichel, Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, David De Gea, and others, became club
icons during these years. Treble-winning season the 1998-99 Premier League, FA
Cup, and UEFA Champions League treble was a highlight in United's history. The
2008 UEFA Champions League triumph was the most famous match ever.
Source: https://www.instagram.com/manchesterunited/
Turmoil time:
Manchester United's success has declined after Sir Alex
Ferguson's 2013 departure. Frequent managerial changes and player departures
after two seasons or more have occurred. As a die hard United fan, these
changes and lack of success upset me. Even in recent years, the club has been
plagued by toxic fan culture and hatred from fans and icons.
Source: https://www.instagram.com/manchesterunited/
Erik ten Hag became Manchester United manager in 2022.
However, his success vision remains unclear. His play style has shown promise
but is inconsistent. Toxicity exists between athletes and coaches.
Source: https://www.instagram.com/manchesterunited/
I must acknowledge my club's highs and lows like a real supporter. Weird player signings have disturbed the club's structure. Even so, I'll support the squad through challenging times.
I hope, I'll be chanting "Glory Glory Man United" again as they will achieve success in future.















Comments
Post a Comment